Founded in 2014 by Olivier Baillet, BEYOND THE LINE is a coaching and consulting company that trains athletes to reach their objectives in endurance sports, thanks to fully individualised online training programmes and close personalised support.
Olivier is a former international banker and a perennial endurance athlete. His most remarkable athletic achievements are:
- 4x Ironman Triathlon World Championship (2001, 2002, 2011, 2017)
- Triathlon's Personal Best:
- Ironman: 9h24 (Western Australia 2010)
- Ironman 70.3: 4h20 (Western Australia 2012)
- Olympic Distance: 1h59 (NYC 2001)
- Ultra running: Ultra Trail: top 3% in 27h50 (UTMB 2006)
- Ultra swimming: 80k around Hong Kong Lantau island in 5 days (Hong Kong 2014)
- Ultra cycling: Everesting -almost 9,000m elevation gain in a day (Hong Kong 2015)
- Swimrun: Ötillö Switzerland (July 2017), Ötillö Croatia (April 2018)
- as well as mountaineering: Acacongua summit -highest peak in Southern hemisphere (Argentina 1999).
Olivier provides training plans that are:
- fully individualised
- scientifically designed
- race specific
- and flexible.
His main sources of inspiration are:
- 'Triathlon Training Bible' author Joe Friel and his disciple 'Going Long' author Gordo Byrn
- Phil Maffetone's Maximum Aerobic Function principles for running
- Swimsmooth's Critical Swim Speed training principles for swimming
- Coggan's and Allen's power-based training principles for riding.
Olivier is a firm believer of the benefit of:
- strength and conditioning
- proper nutrition
- mental training
- highly values the benefit of recovery
- avoids overtraining his athletes.
Finally, always on the search for self-improvement, Olivier has incorporated into his life:
Olivier is a certified Triathlon Development Coach from Triathlon Australia.
Olivier also works with corporates, providing:
- professional sports and wellness programmes
- professional talks and keynotes speeches
- team building programs.