WELCOME TO BEYOND THE LINE
BEYOND THE LINE is an endurance sports online company that provides training plans and full support to individuals looking for optimum racing performance. BEYOND THE LINE’s mission is to provide the level of coaching and consulting services that its founder, Olivier Baillet, searched for during his athletic and professional journeys but never found: a holistic support catered to busy motivated executives aiming high and demanding access to the best unbiased expertise available.
BEYOND THE LINE is also a consulting company that offers performance, fitness, health, and well-being services to corporations, especially speaking engagements.
BEYOND THE LINE was founded in 2014 by Olivier Baillet, a four-times Ironman Triathlon World Championship finisher as well as an ex-international banker and father of two.
WHAT WE DO
Designed for athletes who want a fully customised plan, with unlimited access to a coach, personalised attention, as many plan updates as necessary and exclusive access to a library of training articles. Provides a holistic approach with a direct access to a wealth of knowledge.
Designed for athletes who want a plan that fits their schedule for the coming months, but don’t feel they need personalised attention, regular plan updates, or a close follow-up by a coach. The plans provide a level of personalisation that surpasses any pre-set online training plans at a very sweet price.
French-born Olivier Baillet spent most of his 20 years of his banking career in international roles. All these years, he also had a ‘parallel life’ as a competitive distance athlete. After leaving his banking career in late 2013, Olivier completed a specialisation module in Sport Management part of an Executive MBA program and then launched Beyond The Line, with the idea of providing the level of coaching and consulting services that he had searched for during his athletic and professional careers but never found.
Olivier reached his success in endurance sports through trials and errors, being self-coached all his life, constantly exploring new ways and learning a lot in the process. He now shares his expertise gained along the years.
All the following results were the source of new discoveries and helped Olivier refine his coaching methods.
- 4x Ironman Triathlon World Championship (2001, 2002, 2011, 2017)
- Triathlon’s Personal Best:
- Ironman: 9h24 (Western Australia 2010)
- Ironman 70.3: 4h20 (Western Australia 2012)
- Olympic Distance: 1h59 (NYC 2001)
- Ultra running: Ultra Trail: top 3% in 27h50 (UTMB 2006)
- Ultra swimming: 80k around Hong Kong Lantau island in 5 days (Hong Kong 2014)
- Ultra cycling: Everesting -almost 9,000m elevation gain in a day (Hong Kong 2015)
- Swimrun: Ötillö Switzerland (July 2017), Ötillö Croatia (April 2018)
- as well as mountaineering: Acacongua summit -highest peak in Southern hemisphere (Argentina 1999)